Companies rely on us to handle the strategy and details of immigration issues so that they can get down to business. At Willis Law, we navigate the laws and procedures of the Department of Homeland Security ("DHS"), Department of State ("DOS"), Department of Labor ("DOL") and State Workforce Agencies ("SWAs") to place key personnel within U.S. operations and to facilitate relationships with overseas affiliates and partners.
West Michigan Immigration Law Attorneys
Our lawyers counsel employers concerning work authorization issues and compliance with immigration and labor laws. Specifically, we regularly advise and represent clients on a variety of complex immigration law matters, including:
- Employment-based visas for professionals, technicians, consultants, international students, international business visitors, international intracompany transferees and international investors
- Employment-based permanent residence applications, including labor certification processing
- Permanent residence applications for multinational executives, research scientists and other extraordinary ability foreign nationals requiring no labor certification processing
- Immigration petitions for dependents of primary immigration beneficiaries
- Immigrant visa applications based on family relationships to U.S. citizens and permanent residents
- Expatriation of U.S. individuals to other countries for business purposes
- Family-based visas
- Advice on the Immigration Reform and Control Act
- Advice on Form I-9 identity and employment authorization verification procedures
- Advice on Social Security mismatch issues and procedures
- Advice on immigration and work authorization inspections and audits
Our immigration attorneys are known for achieving positive immigration results and have established relationships with government agencies and legislative offices. We also support legal and human resources departments with internal management and communication. In addition, we monitor renewal deadlines to ensure continued status and work authorization for beneficiaries.
Recent events and their substantial impact on immigration law and procedures have clearly demonstrated the need to closely monitor U.S. and world events and to develop and implement appropriate immigration strategies. Our immigration attorneys meet that challenge through consistent review of developments and participation in regional and national conferences. We then communicate these updates through client advisories, consultations and incorporation into our immigration practice.
Experienced Immigration Representation
To learn more about the services we offer to employers and families in immigration matters, contact us today for a free initial consultation. For your convenience, we have office locations in Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids and Paw Paw.Click here for a Free Consultation today